About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Monday, April 23, 2012

‘Sinnovolle Bilder’ - A New Label


I am offered a jobJ. Life has its own ways to surprise us. Anyways, I am happy but still thinking but I might take it up as it will keep me much busier.

I had some spare time in last two days that really gave me an idea to add a new label to my blog ‘Sinnovolle Bilder’. This is a German translation for ‘Meaningful Pictures’. Now why German?

I met a very interesting German guy (CEO of a health club) in Bangalore and somehow his personality and communication skills really impressed me. I came to Hyderabad and started looking for more information about Germany and German culture. Whenever, I meet someone from different part of the globe, I sit in front of my laptop and search to know about their culture if talking to them impressed me, in good ways. This way, I have learned couple of words of different languagesJ

What is ‘Sinnovolle Bilder’ (Meaningful/Purposeful Pictures)?

Well, living is incomplete if we do not talk or share about things that strike us in some or the other ways. There are moments where a view of nature interests us so much that we click it to keep it as a memory. There are instances where we see something highly objectionable and we click it to spread a message. Either soothing to eyes or objectionable to eyes, every picture we click has a meaning or purpose behind it. This is the purpose of this label. I will, indeed have clicked some pictures that have a meaningful message. I have watermarked them with information to spread a message through this label on my blog. This label supports the purpose and meaning of the concept – ‘So You Think You Are Living’!!

Before I launch, I thought to define the usage of this label. And yes I am working on something new for me - you will see an animated slideshow on the right side of the blog window once this label is launched where all the meaningful pictures would be displayed as an animated slide deck. I need two days to execute this until then I need good luck guys!

Gute Nacht (Good Night in German):))