About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

My Second Birthday Gift!!


“E” is a very important letter. It could be ‘E’ for ‘Energy’ or ‘E’ for ‘Expectation or maybe ‘E’ for just being ‘Easy’.

In my third counselling class, my counsellor discussed the real usage of ‘E’ in my case and somewhere it could be related to all of you.

So I am here to share what is my second birthday gift to me and my readers.

Ok, I had bad ulcer pain since afternoon and sitting at FB and chatting could divert my mind for long. And it really worked. Thanks, FB.

My husband enrolled me for ‘Kickboxing classes’ and I was quite confused whether to attend today’s session or not. This was my fourth class with my trainer and somewhere I feel like a slacker before every sessionJ. I thought to skip my today’s session. While coming home from ‘Gym’, I met my trainer and somehow, I walked into the room for my class. Do not know but felt some positive energy after meeting my trainer and I could feel the positive pull.

Today, it was all about kicks, blocks and strikes. For last 3 weeks, I am working on my arms and shoulders to get the real punch strength. Only, a trainer can identify that strength improvements and it was my day, maybe. I did not practice as my kit is yet to come but as per my trainer, I did exceptionally well.

Before the class, I was not sure to go or not but after the class, I was like – ‘WOW’!

But what is the learning here?

Very simple thing that when I entered the class there was ‘Positive Energy’ and what made me enter was a word ‘Expectation’ of my husband from me to do something different.

Positive Energy is like an amplifier and it works for everyone.

To fulfil ‘Expectation’ is a better choice than to set ‘Expectation’ from people. There is a difference as former makes you benchmark your abilities and performance and the latter makes you a miserable, vulnerable person. Expect from yourself and your abilities. The game of pain in life is when we expect from othersJ.

A good start of your day and maybe a happy ending of mineJ

Cheerio!