About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I am 'Healing with the Seasons'...Are you....??


I will have no time for the next couple of days. Virtually, I will be completely in an inactive mode!

I read a poem that really touched my soul.

Time is a healing factor and it is the only medicine to heal one’s soul. People come and go but they leave us with some good memories. Cherish those memories for a better life. But the fun is when you open hands to embrace new people to weave new memories. Your life should be like flowing water, full of energy and freshnessJ.

A poem written by an anonymous author that is so true and I can very well relate to it. This reminds me of a real life instance where I was denied my favourite ‘Belgian Chocolate Ice-cream’ just because my sister is pregnant and I am not. I felt so hurt but with a month’s time, I forgot it. No doubts, whenever I see Belgian Chocolate Ice- Cream at any ice-cream outlet, I recall the incident and my eyes are filled with tears. It is not that I cannot afford to buy it. It is the feeling of discrimination that bothers me.

There are incidents that leave us hurt but then we have to let it go off. I know how bad it was to be denied ice-cream and face the discrimination just because you are not carrying a baby. But then you have to heal yourself as you might have to face worse than this, as you are not a ‘mother’.

Healing is a way to be stronger and preparing yourself for bigger problems and challengesJ

I hope you enjoy this poem............

Healing with the Seasons
By Anonymous

Waiting for a child is hard . . . recovering from a miscarriage is even harder. But it seems to me that G‑d in His mercy designed the seasons to help us through the healing process . . . and cushion the blow . . .

Blow, wind, blow
Clear the branches from the leaves and fill them up with snow
Shove the people in their homes so I won’t have to know
All the babies on their way and see the tummies grow
Watch them shudder from the wind as to their homes they go

Fall, leaves, fall
One by one they each let go till none are left at all
Clear up all the memories that clutter up my brain
Want to step ahead without the baggage of the pain
Wishing for some peace of mind so I can hope again

Come, winter, come
Let the branches stand out bare and empty for a while
People hurry frantically, not stopping for a smile
Force us to seek comfort in our blankets and our tea
Give us time to gather strength before you set us free

Snow, clouds, snow
Show us there is pleasure that the winter too can hold
Lips turn blue and cheeks turn pink while playing in the cold
Snow to stomp and roll and throw and shape into a ball
Show of lights and beauty as we sit and watch it fall

Melt, snow, melt
Time to leave the world you froze and let it grow once more
Time to hope for colors, life, and all the good in store
Time to warm our chilly bones and breathe from deep within
Time to face the world again with confidence to win

Grow, plants, grow
Just like me, you’ve had your time to hide away and mourn
Now it’s time for life again to come out and be born
Let us show that in the end the good will always rise
Let us match the shining sun and cloudless brilliant skies

Fill, trees, fill
There’s a rule that living things are never standing still
Life’s not meant to be survived but lived with energy
A purpose and a passion and a certain surety
That there are missions that Hashem has waiting just for me
And soon I’ll watch the pieces fall in place so perfectly


Just Heal Yourself...!!