About Me

My photo
Archana Kapoor Nagpal is an internationally published author of four books. She often participates in the short story competitions, and her winning stories are now part of international anthologies. She has seen her short stories, poems and Haiku published in other anthologies as well She has also been actively involved in the editing, proofreading and book designing of various anthologies. You can read more about her writing career at the below link: https://www.facebook.com/archanaknagpal/

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

My Daughter's Scorecard: My Best Medicine:)

I just entered home and I am really tired. But I got an email with my daughter's update around her academics. Her scorecard and it makes me happy to see that she is really doing good. I feel so fresh and relaxed after seeing her scores. It was one thing that as a sponsored mother makes me feel like a biological mother. Though, my daughter will never come and hug me to tell this but an email of her scorecard is like a hug from her end. It is true you grow with your children and you relive your childhood. 

Words are not powerful to express my sentiments but as a mother though sponsored, I feel at the top. Today, when I saw her latest photo with the scorecard, I forgot everything. I forgot what all happened in last few weeks. I forgot how people treated me. For a second, I understood that maybe 99% people did not understand me as a mother but 1% did understand me. I thought of few lines that encourage me to be what I am and live on my terms and conditions. Few inspiring lines by Mother Teresa....

“People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.
For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.”
― Mother Teresa
These lines justify when I write, I am accountable for my actions, so do good to everyone irrespective of any expectations....
Now I need to sleep....good night, love you all <3